Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tilapia and Asparagus with Capers




I fell in love with capers on our honeymoon in St. Lucia. I bought some a few weeks ago and found a few recpipes with capers in them. For this dinner, I decided to start with the asparagus side from Cooking Light. Then, I made my own lemon butter sauce with capers to go on top of the tilapia we grilled with the asparagus. I served it all with some jasmine rice. I loved this dinner. I wish I wasn't afraid knew how to use the grill so that I could make it on my own. But, thankfully I have an AMAZING husband who is willing to grill any recipe I throw in front of him!

Grilled Asparagus with Caper Vinaigrette

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 4 asparagus spears and about 2 teaspoons vinaigrette)
Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons capers, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup small basil leaves
Preparation
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

2. Place asparagus in a shallow dish. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing well to coat. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning after 2 minutes.

3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic); stir with a whisk. Slowly pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in capers. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with basil.

Lemon Butter Caper Sauce:
Ingredients:
3 tbs. butter
2 tbs. capers (chopped in small pieces)
1 lemon (for juice and zest)
1/2 clove and garlic

Directions:
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic on med-low heat.
2. Once butter is melted, add in capers.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice and stir.
5. Just before serving, add lemon zest.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished