Saturday, November 27, 2010
Cinnamon Donut Muffins
This recipe came from a blog I enjoy-Just Another Day in our Midwest Paradise. These are very tasty. I used apricot and raspberry preserves. The apricot was nice and sweet and the raspberry was a bit tart. These will definitely be shared with our neighbors. Great recipe!
Cinnamon Donut Muffins (Makes 24)
3 1/2 C Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup Milk
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
24 Teaspoons of Jam, preserves, etc. of your choice.
2 Tablespoons of Butter
1/3 cup sugar, 2 T cinnamon
1) Pre-heat oven to 350.
2) Spray 2 muffin tins liberally with non-stick spray. Don't use liners, it pulls the muffin away from the filling and makes a gigantic mess.
3) Mix all dry ingredients together (minus the sugar, that goes with the wet stuff). Sift or aerate with a fork.
4) Lightly beat the eggs in another bowl. Add milk, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
5) Mix the wet ingredients into the flour mix.
6) Gently spoon the ingredients into muffin tins until each is about 1/3 full. There will be batter left.
7) Using a teaspoon, spoon jam/preserves of your choice into the center of the batter in each tin. Try to keep it in the middle and away from the sides so it doesn't ooze out when you turn the muffins out after baking.
8) Once all of the tins have filling, top them all off with the remaining batter.
9) Bake for 20 minutes.
10) Let cool for about 2 minutes. Not too long! Loosen them from the muffin tins with a knife.
11) Melt the butter in a small dish, and pour the cinnamon sugar into another small dish.
12) Dunk the tops of each muffin in the butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar. Let cool.
⋅ Labels: Breakfast