Sunday, November 28, 2010

Corn Casserole

This is the first of two new recipes I made for Thanksgiving this year. I tried corn casserole for the first time at my work feast. It was scrumptious, so I set out to find a recipe. I came across this one at a blog I follow: Love From Texas. I followed all of the directions exactly. I was a little concerned with the amount of butter in the recipe, but it's a holiday-so calories don't count! After 20 minutes in the oven, I thought this recipe was going to be a flop. But, all it needed was an extra 5-10 minutes in the oven. This is my new favorite Thanksgiving side. Next time I make it, I'll try it will a little less butter. I'm sure it will be just as good. Enjoy!
Click here for the recipe.


*I wish I had better pictures for this recipe, but we dove right in as soon as it came out of the oven!

1 comment :

  1. We make a version of this too. So delicious.

    Our recipe is a little different.


    - 2 cans 14 oz. corn
    - 2 cans 14 oz. cream style corn
    - 1 stick of butter melted
    - 1 cup sour cream
    - 1 pkg. jiffy corn muffin mix

    Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, adding the corn muffin mix last. Pour into a greased casserole dish (we used a square casserole).

    ***I just use 1/2 a stick of butter and it turns out just fine.***
    Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished