Saturday, November 6, 2010

Honey Cornbread


I've always bought the box of cornbread mix from the store, but I had an itch to try to make them from scratch. So, I visited All Recipes.com for some ideas. After some searching, I found this Honey Cornbread recipe. The feedback looked great, so I decided to given them a try. Enjoy!
Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the cream, oil, honey and eggs; stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished