I've got lots of catching up to do on this blog. I've made it a goal to start cooking healthy dinners again. My Mister has been working late, so I haven't been making dinner as much as before. I usually end up eating cheese and crackers or soup. This is the first recipe I've made for dinner in 2011. It was easy to make & came from a recent issue of Taste of Home Magazine. Enjoy!
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in butter over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Place tomato slices over fish. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.