Baby Shower Recipe-I had a chip and dip bowl that I didn't want to put dip in, so I decided to go with a cheese ball and crackers. I found the recipe on Martha Stewart's website. This was my first cheese ball and it was pretty easy. I know there are tons of cheese ball variations out there and I'm looking forward to making them. Enjoy!
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with cheddar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and a generous pinch of pepper until well combined. Mix in 1/4 cup pecans. Cover cheese mixture with plastic wrap, and chill at least 2 1/2 hours or up to overnight.
- Divide the cheese mixture in half, and shape each half into a ball. Spread remaining 3/4 cup pecans on a plate, and roll balls in pecans to coat completely, pressing nuts to adhere. Serve chilled.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Cheese Ball - Martha Stewart Recipes