Friday, February 25, 2011

Delicious Spinach Dip





Baby Shower Recipe- I love spinach dip.  I usually buy it at the store, I've only made it once from scratch.  I didn't want to do a store bought dip for the baby shower I was throwing.  So, I set out on a search for a spinach dip with great reviews that looked simple to make.  I found the recipe I decided to make at All Recipe.com.   It had lots of great reviews and honestly, I couldn't say no to a recipe titled Best Spinach Dip Ever! And.....after making it.  I have to AGREE!  It's amazing.  Will be the recipe I'll use from here on out for spinach dip.  I'm actually eating it leftover right now.  You've got to try this recipe! 



Ingredients

  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1 (1.8 ounce) package dry leek soup mix
  • 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
  • 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 (1 pound) loaf round sourdough bread

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry leek soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped spinach. Chill in the refrigerator 6 hours, or overnight.
  2. Remove top and interior of sourdough bread. Fill with mayonnaise mixture. Tear removed bread chunks into pieces for dipping.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished