Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lemon Cookies

Baby Shower Recipe- The title of these cookies is Easy Lemon Cookies and that is exactly what they were.  My best friend's father loved my lemon blossoms I made over the summer, so I made these with him in mind.  We also already had cake, chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate chip cookies. So light and lemony was the perfect final dessert for the shower.  I have to admit that I'd pick chocolate over lemon any day, but these cookies were my #1 choice for the night.  Delicious!! 



Ingredients

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil

  • 1 teaspoon lemon extract

  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

  1. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  2. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

3 comments :

  1. I need those, seriously need them! I'm a huge lemon fan especially lemon bars so I can only imagine how good these would taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's 8:30pm and I want to bake these immediately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMM!
    I Love lemon everything....these sound great!
    Very cute blog.
    I'm a new follower.
    Amy's Life @
    www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished