Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chicken Caprese

I love tomatoes and mozzarella.  Love, love, love it! When I came across this Rachel Ray recipe, I knew I had to add it to my weekly dinner list.  I have to say, I'm not a huge Rachel Ray fan.  I don't enjoy watching her show, but the lady can cook and I have enjoyed the recipes I've made of hers.  This one is now at the top of my list.  It was very easy to make and so delicious.  We decided to drizzle balsamic vinegar on top instead of EVOO. Enjoy! 






Ingredients

  • 2 6- to 8-ounce chicken cutlets, pounded thin
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (eyeball it)
  • 1 vine-ripened tomato, cut into thick slices
  • 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into thick slices
  • 24 leaves fresh basil, chopped
  • Salt and pepper

  • Preparation
Pre-heat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium-high heat 

Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Drizzle with EVOO and balsamic, and place on grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side. There shouldn’t be any pink in center of breast. Take off the grill and place on 2 separate dinner plates. Top with tomato and mozzarella slices, and garnish with basil, a drizzle of EVOO and salt and pepper. 

2 comments :

  1. Yum. We just bought a grill. This might have to be our first recipe we try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a caprese salad so will definitely try this-thanks for sharing! Visiting from Kelly's Korner today : )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished