For Mother's Day we decided to grill out and take advantage of the gorgeous weather. Here are a few of the recipes we used. The chicken was from Food Network Magazine and the other was from Kraft Foods Magazine. Enjoy!
what you need
1/2 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 cups cubed red potatoes, cooked, cooled
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/4 pounds)
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Prepared macaroni salad, for serving (optional)
Preheat a grill to medium. Whisk the yellow mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in the butter.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with about one-third of the mustard sauce in a large bowl until coated. Let sit at room temperature, 10 minutes.
Brush the grill grates generously with vegetable oil. Put about 1/4 cup of the remaining mustard sauce in a small bowl for basting and reserve the rest for topping. Grill the chicken, covered, basting occasionally with the sauce, until well marked and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes per side.
Serve the chicken with the reserved mustard sauce, sliced tomato and macaroni salad, if desired.