Monday, May 30, 2011

Southwest Chicken Bake

I made this recipe about a month ago.  It was one of the dinners that we brought to our friends house for our weekly dinners.  Candace asked about the recipe, which reminded me to post it.  But, I could not for the life of me remember where it came from.  So after some searching, I found it in my email from Kraft Recipes. Of course, I should have figured it was Kraft.  Any how, it's easy, delicious and will leave you with a good amount of leftovers.  Enjoy! 


I ALWAYS forget to take pictures before we go to their house.  Then I grab a crappy phone pic.  This honestly doesn't do the meal any justice! 


What You Need


2-1/2 Tbsp. (1/2 of 1-1/4-oz. pkg.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
1 lb.  boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing
1 cup  canned no-salt-added black beans, rinsed
1/2 cup frozen corn
2   green onions, chopped
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup  KRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese
2-2/3 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice


Make It


HEAT oven to 375ºF.


ADD seasoning mix to chicken in medium bowl; toss to evenly coat.


HEAT dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 min. or until evenly browned. Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole; cover with layers of beans, corn, onions and salsa.


BAKE 20 min. Top with cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted. Serve over rice.
TACO BELL® and HOME ORIGINALS® are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell Corp. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished