Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Amazing Iced Coffee



I found this picture on Pinterest.  It immediately caught my attention and I decided I needed to make it.  I clicked on the link and went to the recipe.  After reading the directions, I decided it looked too complicated to make.  You see, the reason my blog is titled SIMPLY made with love is because I don't like complicated recipes that take lots of time.  But...a friend of mine posted the same recipe on Facebook.  She said it wasn't too hard and worth it.  So I went to the store and bought the ingredients.  I followed all directions.  It was HONESTLY a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I used fat free condensed milk and low fat evaporated milk.  I used the same water container to put the coffee concentrate.  Worked like a charm! I liked it better with mocha added and can't wait to add different flavored syrups! Enjoy!


Iced Coffee Concentrate.  

Ingredients-

  • 1 gallon water (I buy a gallon of drinking water)
  • 1 lb bag of your favorite rich coffee (course ground if ya can get it)
  • Coffee filters or several layers of cheesecloth
  • a fine mesh strainer.
  • a large bowl
  • pitcher (big enough to hold a gallon)
Directions-

  1. Pour gallon of water into your large bowl.
  2. Dump the entire bag of coffee into the water/bowl.
  3. Stir to make sure all grounds are saturated with water.
  4. Walk away, for 12 hours or overnight.
  5. line a mesh strainer with a coffee filter or several layers of cheese-cloth, set the strainer on top of your pitcher.
  6. Pour (or ladle) your coffee mixture into the strainer. (this part takes awhile...  I often had to walk away while it filtered into the pitcher)   If using coffee filters, you might have to replace them 
  7. several times during the filtering process.
  8. Once all the coffee concentrate has been filtered, stick it in the fridge (it will last for a month!)
Sweet Cream

Ingredients-


  • 1, 12oz can of evaporated milk
  • 1, 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
Directions-
  1. mix both cans together, refrigerate.


Fill a glass with ice.  Fill it a little over half way with the coffee.  Fill the remainder with the cream mixture.  Mix and ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished