Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chocolate Cola Cake


I've been doing a lot of cooking lately, but not a lot of baking.  I used to make D sweet treats to bring to work all the time and I haven't done so in months.  So, I decided that I was going to send it something to work with him on Monday.  I went to Pinterest to find a recipe from my sweet treats board.  I decided to go with this cola cake because we had some left over cola from a party and neither of us drink it.  I also didn't need to go to the store for any of the ingredients, which is always a plus.  The cake was as easy as it seems.  It was out of the oven for less than 10 minutes before I dove in. Hubs and I ended up eating the cake for dinner, it was that good.   The sweet smell of chocolate and cinnamon filled the house for hours afterward.  Loved it! 



preheat oven to 350, and grease up (I like Crisco) a 9×13 (or so) pan.
mix:
2cups flour
2cups sugar
1/2tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp cinnamon
in a saucepan over medium high heat stir this up good until it boils:
1 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup coca-cola (from bottle is my preference!)
1/2 cup buttermilk
now take off heat and add that to the flour mix & whisk until combined.
Then add:
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
mix, put in pan, bake it for about 30minutes. Yes, it’s a quick bake. Don’t over-bake it!
when cake is nearly done make the glaze by mixing in saucepan:
1/2cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup coca cola
once that boils, remove and slowly stir in 4cups of confectioners’ sugar until nice and smooth. Then add in about a cup of chopped pecans, and give it a stir.
once cake is done and out of oven (toothpick should come out clean), pour this warm glaze right over the top of the hot cake!
wait.
let it set… let it cool for a few minutes at least…
enjoy warm or cold. (next day/etc. feel free to microwave for a few seconds to warm it up… so good)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished