If Paula Deen says a recipe is worth making, you bet I'm going to make it! Right, Y'all? I was looking for 4th of July recipes and didn't want to make the basic baked beans. I found this one and decided to make it after reading all of the reviews. Even though this takes over an hour, the prep is easy. I was a little nervous about how it would come out, thinking it would be too sweet. I didn't change the recipe one bit and am glad I didn't. Just as most of the reviews said, these were some darn good baked beans.
- 4 (16-ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, mix together beans, pineapple, molasses, BBQ sauce, mustard, 1/4 of the bacon, and 1/4 of the onions. Add some salt and pepper, to taste. Pour beans in 9 by 13-inch casserole dish and sprinkle remaining crushed onions and bacon on top. Cook in oven for 1 hour or until beans brown and bubble. Serve warm.