I'm pretty sure I've shared my love of anything and everything bite sized before. You just cant go wrong with an appetizer or dessert that you can "one bite". Which is exactly the reason I ripped this recipe out of the December/ January Taste of Home magazine last year. I've been wanting to make them every since, but I never got around to it...until recently. Last Sunday, I hosted a cookie exchange at my house. I was looking for a few appetizers to serve that weren't too heavy. I knew these would be perfect...and they were. I have to give my wonderful mother for making them while I was running around like a mad woman to get last minute things done for the party done. They looked pretty easy to make...but I can't tell you for sure. What I can tell you is that I could not stop eating them. You'll definitely want to add these to your holiday party appetizer list. Enjoy!
PS. I used the Pampered Chef mini muffin pan to make this recipe =-)
- 48 Servings
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Ground nutmeg
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into 24 squares. Gently press squares onto the bottoms of 48 greased miniature muffin cups.
- Combine the cheese, apple, nuts and cranberries; spoon into cups. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 4 dozen.