Monday, December 19, 2011

Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats






Thank you to Pinterest for another fabulous sweet treat!  I love making rice krispie treats for my class.  They are very easy to make and take no time at all.  A few weeks back I saw hot chocolate rice krispie treats on Pinterest.  I decided to give them a go for our Polar Express movie day.  I didn't follow a recipe, I just winged it.  

I followed the directions on the box for regular rice krispie treats.  When the marshmallows were melted, I added a packed of hot chocolate.  I mixed the hot chocolate with the melted marshmallows.

   


Then I poured in the 6 cups of rice krispie treats.  After the marshmallows were mixed with the rice krispies, I added another half of bag of mini marshmallows.  I lightly mixed these in because I didn't want them to melt.  I packed them into a well greased 13x9 baking dish and pushed it down with the bottom of a glass.  After they were cool, I cut them into pieces.  They were a hit with my students.  Enjoy! 







2 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished