Saturday, December 10, 2011

Peppermint Wreaths



After seeing the peppermint wreaths all over Pinterest, I decided I needed to make one.  Instead of making a wreath, I did an H.  I already had one at home from JoAnn Fabrics.  I painted the H red, after it was al dry, I hot glued the peppermints on the top.  I tried to line them up before hand to make sure they all would fit.  It's not perfect, but I'm happy with how they lined up.  After that, I hot glued ribbon to the back to hang it up.  I tied the ribbon into a bow at the top and hung the center of the bow on the hook of the wreath hanger.  
Love how it looks on the front door.  

But, it couldn't stay there because when a little sun hit it, it started to melt! 

3 comments :

  1. Love this! So simple yet stylish. Can't wait to make one for my house someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out amazing! I love it! If I didn't already have a wreath, I would totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made some of these. They turned out great. I think that I am going to put some spray shelac on them. Maybe that will prevent the melting!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished