Sunday, February 26, 2012

Barbecups


A few weeks back I picked up Pillsbury Grands biscuits for less than $1 each.  I knew I didn't want to use them as rolls to go along with dinner.  There are so many meals that you can make with crescent rolls and biscuits.  So I went to the Pillsbury site to find some.  I have a few different recipes I plan on trying, but this is the first one I wanted to make.  Mainly because I had all the ingredients at home and I've been on a use what you have kick. I made a few changes to this recipe, using whole wheat biscuits, omitting the onions and using ground turkey instead of beef. This recipe took no time to make.  It was delicious...I could have eaten all of them!  I'm looking forward to taking the leftovers for lunch this week.  Enjoy!







Barbecups 

Courtesy of Pillsbury


INGREDIENTS

1
 lb lean ground beef
1
 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
3/4
 cup barbecue sauce
2
 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1
 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
3/4
 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)


DIRECTIONS

1BROWN beef and onion; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce and brown sugar; cook 1 minute.2PRESS or roll each biscuit to 5 1/2-inch round. Place 1 biscuit in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups (for 12-cup muffin pan, use 8 outside cups for best baking results). Firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming a 1/4-inch rim. Fill with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese.3BAKE at 350°F 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute, remove from pan.

1 comment :

  1. Looks yummy! I've been stuffing the crescents will all sorts of things - cheese/jelly, nutella, snickers, chicken/bbq sauce. Love how easy it is!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished