It's been far too long since I've posted a sweet recipe on this blog. I've definitely been enjoying sweets throughout this pregnancy but I haven't been baking as much. I'm usually too tired to do anything after dinner.
Tonight, I decided that needed to change. I made a tasty dinner, but didn't have to spend too long cooking. So, while the meal was baking I decided to whip up these bars from Cookies & Cups (one of my favorite sweet treat blogs). They were ah-mazing. I didn't make any changes to the recipe. I'm looking forward to having them for dessert this week. Hubs said these taste exactly like a nutter butter. Make sure to enjoy them after they've had some time to set.
Courtesy of Cookies & Cups
12 oz bag of White Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies, or “Puffed Rice” if you’re buying generic
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for garnish.
Lightly grease a 9×9 pan (or 8×8 if you prefer thicker bars)
1. In microwave-safe bowl dump in white chips and heat on med power for 1 minute. Stir and continue in 30 second increments until chips are melted.
2. Combine the peanut butter with the melted chips
3. Add the krispies.
4. Let cool approx 15 – 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so to help cool.
5. Add the marshmallows and the mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
6. Dump mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly with the back of your spoon, but do not compact too much, otherwise they will get hard.
7. Press the remaining chocolate chips into the top for garnish.