Monday, April 30, 2012

Cake Batter Blondies

 I've recently set a goal to make one dessert on Sunday that hubs and I can enjoy after dinner throughout the week.  The recipe I made last night was cake batter blondies.  Originally found on Pinterest.  I picked this recipe for the week because I didn't have to buy any ingredients and this is a eat what we have in the house week.  So, it worked out perfectly!  I enjoyed the crunchy edged of this dessert and hubs enjoyed the gooey center.  It was best of both worlds...ENJOY! 

Cake Batter Blondies


Courtesy of Girl Meets Life. 



Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg, beaten
1/4 – 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
*Instead of using yellow cake mix and sprinkles, I used confetti cake mix



Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the cake mix and sprinkles in a large bowl, then mix in the oil and egg. Add the milk slowly just until the batter is combined – you want it to remain as dense as possible. Place better in a greased 8×8 pan or 8-inch cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or just until the edges turn golden. Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting because the gooey center needs to set. The result will be a decadent, cake-batter texture.

1 comment :

  1. Oh these sound fantastic! I'm totally going to try these this weekend. I am a terrible cook but this looks easy enough to where even I can't screw it up.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished