I pinned this recipe a few weeks ago because a. it was very popular and b. had very little prep time. I made it this past week because I already had red potatoes at home that I was using for another recipe. When planning my meals for the week, I think it's so important to plan meals that have some of the same ingredients to save money. So often, I would plan one elaborate meal with a variety of ingredients and I never would end up using them all. I think we've all been guilty of that one time or another.
I was very pleased with this recipe. I used boneless skinless chicken, didn't put lemon at the bottom of the pan, just using one lemon for the juice and it turned out fine. The chicken was juicy and the veggies were perfectly seasoned. This recipe will definitely be added to the rotation.
Pan Roasted Chicken with Lemon Garlic Green Beans
Recipe from Real Simple
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 1hr 15m
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.