Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chicken Noodle Casserole

If you love chicken noodle soup, you will definitely enjoy this recipe.  Of course, like most recipes I find it's easy to make, has very few ingredients and takes little time.  With a newborn at home, I'm really glad I've focused on simple recipes over the years.  I rarely have more than a half hour of hands free time in the evenings to make a meal.  I pinned this recipe a few months ago and recently went to my Pinterest board when planning my weekly meals.  
This is hands down one of the best casseroles I've made. Ever.  I ate two servings for dinner and had it for lunch for the next two days.  I couldn't get enough.  This would be a fabulous meal to make for a friend in need.  Enjoy!


Chicken Noodle Casserole 
Courtesy of BookCooking.net

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 ounces egg noodles
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
1/2 cup butter


Directions
Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook pasta in it. Drain. Cut chicken into small pieces, and mix with noodles.
In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir together cream soup mixture with the chicken mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished