A few weeks ago we went to our friend's house for dinner and she made pot roast. It was delicious and hubs has been asking me to make it ever since. I've been putting it off because I've never made a pot roast. But last weekend I gave in and told him I'd only do it with his help. Thankfully he's always willing to help me out. We did all the prep in the morning and threw it in the crock pot for dinner that evening. I was lucky enough to enjoy the smell of it all day and couldn't wait for him to get home for dinner. The meat was tender and moist and the veggies were delicious. This will be our go to pot roast from now on. Hubs said he wants to make it once a week....we settled on twice a month. Enjoy!
1 tbsp oil
salt, pepper, flour
1/2 c red wine
1 onion, sliced
5 medium potatoes, cut into one inch pieces
3 carrots, cut into pieces
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Season your roast with salt and pepper then sprinkle with flour.
3. Brown all sides of the meat in the hot oil. Remove to a plate. Add 1/2 cup of red wine to the skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Then remove from the heat.
4. Place sliced onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
5. Add the potatoes on top.
6. Next, add the carrots.
7. Put the browned roast on the vegetables.
8. Pour the wine & juices from the skillet on top of the roast and veggies.
9. Season with a little more salt and pepper,
10. Cover and cook on the LOW for 8-9 hours.
We used some of the leftover meat to make sliders for dinner the following night.