Saturday, October 27, 2012

Southern White Chicken Chili

Come fall, chili is a weekly staple in our household.  It's just so easy to make, I always do it in the crock pot. I've always made chili with beef.  But, this month I made a goal to try new crock pot recipes.  This was the perfect time to step away from my normal chili recipe and try something different.  And boy am I glad I did.  This recipe was amazing. Full of flavor and the perfect pair to a cool fall night.  
 It's now my favorite chili and I plan on making it for friends on Halloween.  
 


Southern White Chicken Chili 
Courtesy of Campbell's 
Ingredients: 
tablespoon vegetable oil
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into cubes
teaspoons chili powder
teaspoons ground cumin
large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
medium green pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
cans (about 15 ounces each) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese

**I also added a white chili seasoning packet from McCormick & 1/2 cup of chicken stock to the recipe**

Directions:

  • Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, chili powder,
     cumin, onion and pepper and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the
     vegetables are tender, stirring often.
  • Stir the soup, water, corn and beans in the saucepan and heat to a boil.  
    Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  
    Sprinkle with the cheese.  


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished