Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Easy Lemon Crinkle Cookies

First, I have to say this picture is horrible.  I will be replacing soon, but I had to share this recipe. 

 I know a lot of you are baking away and I definitely think you should add this is cookie to your Christmas cookie list.  I always make a lemon cookie for Christmas.  I like to have a variety of cookies to share.  I'm not a huge lemon fan, but my mom and best friend's dad are.  Mom gave this recipe two thumbs up. This recipe took no time to make and were actually really good.  They were soft and chewy which is how I like my cookies.  Enjoy!

My inspiration for this recipe was my red velvet crinkle cookies



Ingredients:                                                                                  Directions:  

  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1 box lemon cake mix
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter; set aside to cool. Place powdered sugar and cornstarch in shallow dish. Mix with a fork to blend.
  2. Place cake mix, cooled butter, eggs and lemon zest in large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and a dough forms.
  3. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on cool, ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
  4. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Store in airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.



1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished