Monday, December 3, 2012

Gift Bow Wreath Tutorial






Thank you to the Today Show for this DIY idea.  I was watching last week when they showcased it on one of their segments.  I made a note to pick up the supplies so I could make it for my front door.  Because, believe it or I don't have a Christmas wreath for my door.  This wreath took me 20 minutes to make and cost $6.  When I look at my front door, it makes me smile.  I love it.  


Materials:
Cardboard 
Glue Gun
Bows
Ribbon


Directions: 
Find something to make a large circle on your cardboard.  I traced a large plate for the outside.  Using a good pair of scissors, cut our the circle.  

Find another item to trace for the center, I used a candle shade.  Trace it and cut out the center.  

Next, glue on the bows.  I bought 2 bags from Target and used about 45 bows.  There was no rhyme or reason to the placement of the bows.  I just started with clusters until the entire wreath was filled.  

Last, I glued a piece of festive ribbon on the back to give me a bow to hang from my door hook.  

It's as simple as that...enjoy!















1 comment :

  1. Lovely wreath! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    T'onna
    Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished