Sunday, December 23, 2012

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Spice Cookies


Hubby and I are both oatmeal cookie lovers. Therefore I make them a lot.  I'm always in search for different kinds, especially around the holiday season.  For me, oatmeal with some sort of chocolate is the perfect combination.  For hubs, oatmeal and peanut butter is what he loves.  I picked these cookies out for me.  I knew I would love them, not only was there chocolate but also cinnamon. Yum!
 The cookies were delicious. I love them and hubs did as well. The cranberries, chocolate and cinnamon gave a perfect blend of sweet and spice. I used a medium scoop to make them and they took about 12 minutes to bake.  Next time I make them I'll add a little more cinnamon for a little more spice.  Enjoy!

                                                                                                                     
Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Spice Cookies
Courtesy of I Am Baker
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups whole oats
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)

Instructions:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In medium bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and all spice. In separate large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine well.
  3. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Then add oats, cranberries, and chocolate if you so desire.
  4. Use 1/4 cup and scoop onto cookie sheet, you should get about 6 per sheet.
  5. Bake for at least 8 minutes, but most likely will bake for 12.
  6. If you chose to not add the chocolate chips directly to the dough, you can melt chips in the microwave and drizzle or dip the cookies after they have cooled.
  7. This would also be excellent with white chocolate!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished