Monday, January 7, 2013

Shrimp Cups

This year hubs and I stayed in for NYE with the baby. We decided to have a nice dinner at home.  Appetizers, Main Course, Dessert...the whole 9 yards.  

Last weekend, I started planning the meal.  Right away I noticed that finding a dairy free appetizer was extremely difficult.  Most appetizers involve some sort of cheese.  Think about it.  I bet if you think about your favorite apps, they have cheese.  After a lot of searching, I found these shrimp cups.  The original recipe tells you how to make the cups that the shrimp go in.  I already had mini phyllo cups at home and decided to use those.  I used the filling ingredients and followed that part of the recipe.  This appetizer took about 20 minutes to make


Results: They were big one bite appetizers.  I loved the sweetness of the fruit combined with the shrimp.  I was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out. 

Shrimp Cups
Adapted from Sunshine and Smile 

*I bought 14 already cooked shrimp and had 14 phyllo cups already baked*


Ingredients for the filling:

  • 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
  • 1 cup finely chopped green apple
  • 1 tbs finely chopped cilantro
  • white head less shrimp, one for each cup (keep the shrimp tail)
  • 1 tsp dry parley leaves
  • salt
  • pepper

Directions :

In a bowl, mix the shrimp with salt, pepper and dry parley leaves.
Line the shrimps in a baking pan and roast them for 10 minutes at 400 F.
In another bowl, mix pineapple, green apple and cilantro with some salt and pepper.
Pour a spoon of salad mix into the cup and then, place the shrimp on top.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished