Monday, January 14, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

Soup and cold weather go hand in hand in our house.  Unfortunately, when I was planning our meals a few weeks ago I didn't know that our January weather would be in the 80's! I had already made my trip to the store therefore this recipe stayed on the menu.  I have to say that this was definitely one of the easier crock pot recipes I've made recently.  All you really have to do is cut the celery and carrots (I didn't use onions) and throw everything else in there.  Hubs and I devoured ours and are still enjoying leftovers.  I'm looking forward to making this again when the weather is cold! 
Enjoy!



Chicken Noodle Soup

Courtesy of Southernfood.com

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
  • 4 cups water
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste, depending on saltiness of broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 leek or small onion chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or basil
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 6 ounces noodles

Preparation:

Place all ingredients except noodles in the Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones, dice, and return to broth, and add the noodles. Cook another hour or until noodles are done (about 1/2 hour on high). Or, cook the noodles separately and add them just before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished