Sunday, January 20, 2013

Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork


Some of my favorite recipes I've made have been delivered right to my inbox.  A few years ago I subscribed to Kraft recipes.  A few times a week some of their most popular recipes are delivered right to me.  I keep them all in a folder on my computer.  Whenever I'm in need of a new recipe, that is where I go.  

Results: A healthier version of what you'll get at your local Chinese restaurant.  This meal was full of flavor and just as tasty the next day for lunch. This picture doesn't really do the recipe any justice.  I used brown rice, so it all kind of blended together.  I didn't have any green pepper at home, but will definitely add it or peas next time.  Enjoy!



             Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork 
          Courtesy of Kraft Recipes 

what you need


1-1/2

lb.  boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch pieces

1

 onion, chopped

1

can  (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth

3/4

cup  KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce

1

can  (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice, drained

1

 green pepper, chopped

2

cups  instant white rice, uncooked

make it


PLACE meat in slow cooker; top with onions.
ADD broth and barbecue sauce; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours (or on HIGH 4 hours).
STIR in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on LOW 30 min. or until rice is tender.


                                            

2 comments :

  1. Could you use regular rice and just place it in the crock pot with the pork and other ingredients?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished