Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cross Door Hanger


Earlier this month, my daughter was baptized.
I love to throw a party and couldn't wait to host one after her baptism.   
As soon as the Christmas decorations were put away, I got to planning.  
The colors were light pink and white.  
I always have a festive door hanger when I host parties. 
So to go with the colors and theme of the party, I decided to make a cross door hanger. 

Materials:
Cardboard
Yarn
Hot Glue
Embellishments (pearls)
Cardstock 
Scissors or Cricut 

How I Did It: 
I printed a cross pattern that I found online. 
 I just Googled cross pattern and printed the first one I came across. 
Then I cut it out and traced it onto a piece of cardboard (an old Crate and Barrel box)


I cut out the cross.  Strong scissors will be a big help. 


Then I started wrapping my white yarn around the cross. 




I continued around all the sides and did a few crosses in the middle.  
The middle was not covered completely. 


After all the sides of the cross were covered with yarn, I worked on the center. 
I used my Cricut to cut out a circle for the center.  
Then, I printed her monogram on white cardstock. 
I cut it out and glued it onto the bigger circle.  
Then, I glued little craft pearls around the outside.  
To finish it off, I took a piece of pink yarn and hot glued it to the top of the back side of the cross. 
I tied it into a knot and used that to hang it off the door hanger.  




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished