Friday, February 1, 2013

Fire Roasted Pot Roast

Pot roast is a weekly staple in our household. 
It's dairy free. 
Can be thrown into a crock pot. 
Hearty & Healthy. 
Hubs and I both enjoy it. 
It's a win win.  

Since I've been making the same recipe for pot roast, I decided to change things up this week.  

Results: This definitely has a kick to it.  Hubs loved it and I liked it.  He loves anything spicy, so this was right up his alley.  I didn't add the mushrooms because the ones I bought went bad.  So I threw in celery instead. Next time I make it, I will definitely add the mushrooms.


Fire Roasted Pot Roast
Courtesy of Pillsbury 

1
boneless beef pot roast (2 lb)
Salt and pepper
1
package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
3/4
lb potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch cubes
1/2
lb carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
1
can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
  1. Spray 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Generously sprinkle all sides of beef with salt and pepper. Place beef in slow cooker.
  2. Arrange mushrooms, potatoes and carrots around beef. Pour cooking sauce over beef and vegetables.
  3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
  4. Serve beef and vegetables with sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with parsley.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished