Monday, March 25, 2013

Energy Bites

This recipe had been on my to-make list for months now. I've heard so many people talk about how good they are and healthy too!  So this past week I finally made the time to make them.  Honestly, they took 20 minutes.  I wish I had made them sooner! They were amazing.  I followed the exact recipe below, only substituting chocolate chips for dairy and soy free chocolate chips. Not only did I love this snack, but the husband loved it as well. Every single day he has asked me when I'm going to make some more.  Enjoy!   



No Bake Energy Balls

(makes 18-20 bites)

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished