Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Yarn Wreath




Last year, I made this wreath for spring/ summer.  This year I wanted something different.  I wanted something bright and fun.  Something that made people smile when they looked at my front door.  When I was at the store last week, I picked up the perfect yarn that I knew would make a perfect wreath.  

Materials: 
Foam Wreath
Yarn
Fabric Scraps 
Buttons
Hot Glue
Ribbon

Instructions: 
Wrap the wreath with yarn.  I bought multicolored yard in spring colors. 
Once you're finished tie the ends together in a double knot.  



Next, you make the flowers using coordinating colors.  
Here is the tutorial I used to make the flowers.  
I used two different circles to make two different size flowers.
  When they were finished, I just hot glued them to the wreath.  

From here, you can use ribbon to hang it or hang it just the way it is off a hook.  
I did both and decided I liked the look of the ribbon better.  

That's it.  The entire wreath took me less than an hour. 
It brightens up the front of our house, I love it! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished