Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spaghetti with Garlic-Shrimp and Broccoli

One of the recent emails I received from Kraft Foods had a ton of healthy spring dishes.  I immediately checked out all the recipes and found a few that I intended to add to an upcoming menu.  This one was the first one I put on the list.  I try to make a fish recipe once a week, lately I've been using shrimp.  It's quick, easy and the perfect pair for pasta.  

Results: A very good recipe.  I used whole wheat pasta and lite dressing to make it healthier.  Next time I will add additional veggies (red pepper and mushrooms) and cut the broccoli a little smaller.  Enjoy! 



Spaghetti with Garlic-Shrimp and Broccoli 
Courtesy of Kraft Foods

time
prep:
20 min
total:
20 min
servings
total:
6 servings, about 1-1/4 cups each

what you need

1/2
lb.  spaghetti, uncooked
4
cups  small broccoli florets
1/2
cup  KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing
1
lb.  uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp
2
cloves  garlic, minced
1/4
cup  KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

make it

COOK spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the cooking water for the last 2 min.
MEANWHILE, heat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until shrimp turn pink.
DRAIN spaghetti mixture; return to pan. Add shrimp mixture and cheese; mix lightly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished