Friday, July 12, 2013

Garlic Lemon Shrimp

One thing I always have in my freezer is frozen cooked shrimp.  
It's quick to thaw and can be used for lots of healthy recipes.  
Last night, the day got away from me. 
It was 5:00 by the time I looked at the clock and I didn't have anything out for dinner. 
I had already played the breakfast for dinner card this week,  I needed something different.  
So, I pulled out my shrimp and by the time it was thawed I had found a recipe. 
Dinner was ready by the time hubs was home. 
I liked it, he liked it. 
Success.  


Garlic Lemon Shrimp
Courtesy of Taste of Home

4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • Hot cooked pasta or rice

Directions

  • In a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 3 minutes. Add the
  • garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn
  • pink. Stir in parsley. Serve with pasta or rice. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished