Penne with Herbs, Tomatoes and Peas
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 8 ounces uncooked veggie penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pkg of turkey sausage, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic and sausage; cook 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown and sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute. Add pasta mixture, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in seasoning.