Sunday, September 1, 2013

Healthy Chicken Skillet

I made this dinner two weeks ago. 
 I was looking for healthy recipes that I thought my one year old would also eat. 
I'm also a big fan of skillet dinners because I don't have tons of pans to clean when I'm done. 
This dinner didn't disappoint one bit.  
My daughter loved the chicken, quinoa, zucchini, black beans and peppers.  
Since all three of us enjoyed it, this recipe was a big win. 
I even made it again this past week.  
Definitely a must make if you're looking for a healthy recipe the whole family will love! 




Healthy Chicken Skillet 
Adapted from Ready, Set, Eat 

Ingredients: 
1 TBS canola oil
1 cup zucchini (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 can black beans, drained (low sodium)
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 (4.5oz) box quinoa brown rice blend (I buy Near East
3-4 chicken tenderloins 
salt and pepper to taste 

Directions: 
1. In a small saucepan, cooke quinoa according to the instructions on the box. 
2. While quinoa is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken.
 I cut mine in cubes before I cooked it.  
2. Once chicken is cooked, add zucchini and peppers.  Cook for 5 minutes. 
3. Add beans and tomatoes, cook for another 5 minutes. 
4. Once everything in the skillet is cooked and warmed through, add the quinoa brown rice blend to the skillet.  Stir well and remove from heat.  
5. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy! 


1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished