Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Texas Caviar

Before we moved to Texas, our friends threw us a Texas themed going away party. 
There was amazing BBQ food, cowboy hats, boots, badges and sweet tea. 
All of the food went with the country & cowboy theme.  
My favorite dish of the night was Texas Caviar.  
I couldn't stop eating it, none of us could.  

The next day, I asked for the recipe.  
I kid you not, I've made it once a week since. 
I usually have it for lunch with pita chips or all by itself. 
I do have to say, it's the best with Fritos though.  
This would be a great football party appetizer, although you may want to keep it home for yourself.
Enjoy! 

Texas Caviar 
Adapted from All Recipes 

Ingredients:
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of black eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
1 cups of petite tomatoes, quartered 
1 bell pepper chopped 
1 8oz bottle of italian dressing 
salt and pepper to taste 

Directions: 
Mix the corn, beans, peppers and tomatoes together.  
Add dressing little by little to coat.  Taste as you go, you may not need the entire bottle.  
I think about 6 oz of dressing is perfect.  You can always add more if you need it.  
Add Salt and pepper to taste.  


*You can add fresh cilantro to the dish.  Since I eat it leftover for a few days at a time, I don't add it* 

*You can also try different variations with onions, red and yellow peppers*



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished