Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chocolate Spice Bundt Cake


One of my favorite winter drinks is mexican hot chocolate.  Have you ever had it? 
It's amazing.  Chocolate and cinnamon come together in a warm cup of bliss.   
If it's warm where you are, I recommend the mexican mocha ice storm.  You'll thank me later! My love for the combination of cinnamon and chocolate is the reason I chose to make this cake.  

Results:  Perfection.  It's mexican hot chocolate in a cake.  The only change I made was adding a bag of cinnamon chips to the recipe.  I added half of the bag to the cake batter.  I melted the other half and poured it over the cake (after it had cooled).  Enjoy!


Chocolate Spice Bundt Cake
Courtesy of Mix and Match Mama 


Ingredients: 
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups of water
4 eggs
4 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
3-4 splashes milk
 
 Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 10 inch bundt pan
In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer.  Mix in 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.  Pour into prepared bundt pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling.
To make the frosting, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and milk until creamy.  Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.  Spread on cooled cake.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished