The night I made this meal, chicken was not on the menu.
It was a pork chop kind of night, problem was I didn't take the pork out of the freezer.
Of course I didn't realize it until 4pm.
What I did have was a package of chicken in the fridge I hadn't separated into freezer bags yet.
I jumped on the computer in search of a quick chicken recipe I could throw together.
Without having a chance to run to the store and only having about an hour before dinnertime.
I had all of the ingredients for this recipe and it didn't take a lot of time.
Results: One of the most flavorful chicken recipes I've ever made. Each bite was full of flavor. My only complaint is how long it took my chicken to cook. I should have butterflied the chicken to make it thinner because my pieces were too think to cook in a matter of minutes. I also think I will try to bake this next time. Maybe brown it on the stove and then throw it in the over. I'll keep you posted on that one but nonetheless, still a recipe you won't be sorry you made!
Ranch Breaded Chicken
Courtesy of Love, Pomegranate House
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix
- 5 tbsp butter divided
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine Panko, cheese, garlic powder, and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix.
- Dip chicken in butter, then roll in breading mixture to coat, pressing the breading into the chicken breast.
- Melt remaining 4 tbsp butter in a large frying pan. Once melted, place breaded chicken into pan. Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Chicken is cooked thoroughly when the center is no longer pink.