Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad

  A few weeks back we went to a friends house for a BBQ.  I volunteered to bring dessert.  After seeing this recipe floating all over Pinterest, I had been wanting to make it.  This BBQ was the perfect opportunity. How can you go wrong with snickers, cook whip and caramel (oh and apples too!) 

One of my favorite Halloween candy is the Caramel Apple Milky Way's.  I thought they would be perfect to add to this recipe.  If you make this any other time of year, you may not be able to find them.  In that case, add another snickers bar to the recipe.  

I wish I had a better picture of the finished product.  I made it at our friends house, so all I had was my phone when it was finished.  This was the perfect dessert for a BBQ.  It was light, refreshing with the chopped apples and sweet.  The candy pieces were of course my favorite.  I'm glad we left the leftovers at the BBQ or else I would have devoured the rest!  
Enjoy! 




Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
Adapted from The Baking Bride 


Ingredients:
4 Regular Snicker Bars chopped 
10 mini Caramel Apple Milky Way bars chopped 
5 Chopped Apples (I didn't peel mine)
1 Pack Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (dry)
1/2 Cup Milk
16 oz. Whipped Topping
Caramel Ice Cream Topping

Directions:
Chop apples, milky way and snickers into cubes; set aside. Whisk together pudding mix, milk, and cool whip until creamy and with no clumps. Stir in apples and snickers.  Lastly, drizzle the caramel topping over the entire salad. Chill for an hour in the fridge.  
Serve and Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. Wow that looks like heaven, gotta give this a go. Thanks for posting this.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished