Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sausage & Cheese Muffins


This year we decided to have a last minute get together for the Super Bowl.  Usually I spend a good amount of time planning our get togethers or parties.  In this case, I had about 48 hours. I immediately headed to Pinterest to look for some quick and easy recipes that wouldn't have me spending a fortune. 

I chose these sausage & cheese muffins because they would be a great compliment to the rest of the menu I had planned.  We were also having chicken wings, chips and queso, seven layer dip and buffalo chicken dip.  I also knew the boys would eat these up.  

Results: A hit of the party, not only with the men but with the ladies as well.  I loved that they were bite sized and full of flavor.  I had a few left over and enjoyed them for breakfast reheated the next morning.  Enjoy! 



Sausage & Cheese Muffins
Courtesy of Plain Chicken 

Ingredients: 

  • 1 lb. hot ground pork sausage
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 3 cups all-purpose baking mix
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk (water or milk will work too)

Directions: 
Cook sausage and onion powder in a large skillet over medium to med-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and no longer pink. Drain and cool. 

Preheat oven to 375. Combine sausage, baking mix, and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Stir together the soup and buttermilk; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon until lightly greased mini muffin tins, filling to tops of cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished