Monday, April 7, 2014

Mini Meatball Sliders

If you have been following this blog for a while, you'll notice that I've been quite absent for the past few months.  That usually means one thing around here….we're having a baby!  Cooking while pregnant for me is difficult. I usually want nothing to do with food.  This time around the sickness is much worse than with my daughter. Another difference is that I have a toddler to feed (along with my husband.) I don't want to spend the money eating out all the time but I especially want my daughter to continue eating healthy, even though I don't want to cook.  So, I started searching for quick and easy meals.  This one was found on The Pioneer Woman's site under 16 minute meals.  

The recipe was as easy as it looks.  Took no time to make. We all gave it two thumbs up.  These would also be great to make for spaghetti and meatballs one night and use the following night for sliders.  Two meals done!  


Enjoy!

Mini Meatball Sandwiches 

Courtesy of The Pioneer Woman 


Ingredients

  • 1 pound Ground Chuck Or Ground Beef
  • 1/2 cup Panko Or Other Bread Crumbs
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  •  Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  • 1/2 cup Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Diced
  • 1 jar (large) Marinara Sauce
  • 12 whole Dinner Rolls (or Slider Rolls)
  • 4 slices Provolone Cheese, Cut Into Four Wedges Each

Directions

Mix meat with bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and milk. Knead together with hands. Roll into heaping tablespoon-sized rolls.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for one minute. Add meatballs between the onions and brown for one minute. (You might have to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet.)
Pour in jar of marinara; shake pan gently to mix. Put on lid and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
When ready to serve, cut each dinner roll in half. Place a wedge of Provolone on the top and bottom of each roll. Spoon a meatball with the sauce onto the bottom bun; top with the top bun.
Serve immediately!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished