Pumpkin bread is a staple in my house during the fall months. If you come over for coffee, I'll most likely offer you a piece of pumpkin bread to enjoy with it. There is just something about pumpkin bread, coffee and the cool fall breeze that fits together. It's my idea of an ideal breakfast, or lately in my case, my mid morning snack. Here is a recipe for my favorite pumpkin bread. The combination of the sweet chocolate chips with moist pumpkin bread, topped off with spices is perfect for fall. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking side, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and vegetable oil.
- 3. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture about a cup at a time and continue to mix.
- 4. Once batter is formed, fold in chocolate chips.
- 5. Pour into a greased loaf pan (mine was 8x4.)
- 6. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- 7. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a finish cooling on a wire rack.