Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Classic Margarita

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I had never made a fresh margarita from home before. Not once in my 32 years. Not without the mix you buy from the store, most of the time involving a blender to make them frozen. 

Last month, I had planned a Mexican themed night in. I thought it would be fun to make fresh classic margaritas to enjoy with dinner. After a trip to the liquor store, I was ready to test them out. It took a few test runs but I finally was able to create a pretty darn good margarita. It was fresh, crisp and delicious. Just what I needed on that Friday night. Now the ingredients are kept on hand to enjoy whenever I want! 


CHEERS! 


Ingredients: 
1 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 ounces tequila
1 ounce cointreau 
1/4 ounce agave nectar (more or less depending on your desired sweetness level)
ice
to garnish: lime wedge & rim salt

Directions: 
In a cocktail shaker, pour lime juice, tequila, cointreau, agave and a few cubes of ice. 

 Shake well until combined. 

Taste to make sure it's sweet enough. Add more agave if not. 


For a salted rim- run the juice of a lime around the outside of the glass. Dip the rim in a shallow dish filled with rim/ sea salt. Add a lime wedge if desired. 

Fill glass with a few more ice cubes, pour margarita mixture over and enjoy! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished