Tuesday, March 22, 2016

DIY Edible Easter Basket


Easter is just days away and baskets are on my list this week. I like to have them finished and put together before Easter weekend because it's always very busy. While the kids are easy to shop for when it comes to baskets, the hubs is more of a challenge. I don't go all out for him but always like to do something little to let him know I was thinking of him. 

This year, I decided to make him a candy basket. I saw a picture on Pinterest and figured it would be easy to make and fun to gift. It definitely was easy to make, only taking about 10 minutes to put together. Hopefully it's a gift that will make him smile. Maybe he'll even share some of the candy with me...

Materials: 
4 boxes of candy
hot glue gun with glue sticks
Nerds rope
Easter grass
cardstock
small candy for filling

Directions:

1. Hot glue the boxes together at the edges. 
2. Trace the outside of the candy boxes onto a piece of cardstock. Cut out the rectangle you created. Glue it to the bottom of the boxes. This is creating a bottom to the box so that you can fill the basket without things falling through. 
3. Hot glue the Nerds rope to the middle of two of the candy baskets. 
4. Fill the basket with Easter grass. 
5. Add some candy to the top. 


3 comments :

  1. What a sweet (literally) and clever idea!! Hope you have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg.. what a great idea!! I love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, this is the best thing ever. Edible Easter basket = TOTAL WIN!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished