St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner and I've been busy creating some fun EASY recipes for our celebration. I'm a huge fan of things that are semi-homemade. That is a big part of this blog. I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen with two littles running circles around me but I do love baking and adding a special touch to easy recipes. Today, it only takes a bag of Andes mint chips and a few more whole Andes chocolates for decoration on the top to turn a boxed cupcake recipe into something amazing!
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix (plus ingredients to make the cupcakes, oil, eggs, water)
1 bag of Andes creme de menthe baking chips
1 container chocolate frosting
24 Andes Mint Candies (unwrapped)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F
- 2. Place paper baking cup in each of the 12 muffin cups.
- 3. Prepare cake mix as directed on the box with the water, oil and eggs.
- 4. Stir in the entire 10 oz bag of creme de menthe baking chips.
- 5. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6. Cool 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks to cool completely.
- 7. Repeat with remaining batter to make additional 12 cupcakes.
- 8. Once cupcakes are completely cool, they're ready to be frosted. I use the Pampered Chef icing tool when frosting cupcakes.
- 9. Stick an Andes Mint in the top and you're done!
If you'd like to turn up the homemade notch on this recipe, here is a recipe for mint frosting!