Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Apple n' Cheddar Tuna Pitas



I needed to vamp up my lunches in order to have more fuel for my half marathon training. So, I was on the hunt this weekend when looking through my magazines. I found this tuna pita recipe on a Hellmann's advertisement in the new Cooking Light magazine. I loved this pita and will make the recipe again next week with chicken instead of tuna. Enjoy!
APPLE 'N CHEDDAR TUNA PITAS

Serves: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minute(s)
2 cans (5 oz. ea.) tuna in water, drained and flaked
1/3 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup diced apple
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
4 slices cheddar or American cheese, cut up
2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion (optional)
2 (8-in.) whole wheat or plain pita breads, halved

Combine all ingredients except pita breads in medium bowl. Evenly stuff pita breads with tuna mixture.
Also terrific with Hellmann's or Best Foods Light Mayonnaise or Mayonnaise Dressing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished