Monday, September 27, 2010
This is an easy to make Halloween sign that can be hung anywhere in your house to add a little decoration & holiday spirit!
scrapbook paper, white card stock, scissors, computer, printer, glue, ribbon, hole punch
1. On your computer, print BOO in your favorite font. This will be your stencil for the sign. I printed mine on card stock to make it more sturdy.
2. Cut out the letters that you just printed.
3. Trace your letters on a piece of scrapbook paper. **Make sure to trace the letters backwards**
4. Cut the letters out.
5. Using the white card stock, make a background for your letters. I make my card stock about a 1/2 inch wider and longer than my letters. A good size to go by is 4 x 6. You will need one piece for each letter.
6. Then, glue the letters on to the card stock.
7. Next, you want to have a border for your white card stock. Use a different pattern of scrapbook paper and cut 3 pieced slightly bigger than the white card stock. Glue the card stock on top of the scrapbook paper. You now have your finished letters.
8. Punch a hole in the top center and bottom center of the B and the first O. Then, punch a hole in the top center of the last O.
9. Cut 2 4-inch pieced of thin ribbon & 1 piece of 6 inch ribbon. String the ribbon through the holes to connect the letters. I used a little hot glue to glue the ribbon on the back of the signs.
10. Tie a bow in the top piece and hang.